Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Easter..

Hope everyone is doing well. Easter is coming up this weekend.. Nice time for a little getaway. I just got back from Idaho and visiting with my family. Had a great time. There are TWO bars in "town". Oh, and Town consists of about 500 people. You can walk between bars. Not a good thing. LOL So Friday was nice.. saw my brother and brought other family with me. The boys had a blast. Drank a little too much Friday night, but hey.. Birthday weekend!
Saturday, the boys got up and went hunting for a while. I took a much needed nap. Watched it snowing out the window for a couple hours.. Then my pop said he wanted me to see some property in Montana so we went for a little drive to check it out. Looks pretty cool.. I can't believe ALL the outdoorsy stuff there is to do!! River "floatn", hunting, hiking, dirt biking... and it's beautiful. Ok, but I still hate snow. Anyway.. came back from Montana and had shots with my pop, my bro, and cousins. Hung out at the bar for the next hours... One of the cousins bet my bro that he could have him DRUNK by 10pm. He took the bet, and LOST!! My bro was drunk by 9pm and we had to get one of the locals to drive him home. That was sooo worth it! So we continued on until about 1am singing Karaoke and drinking and then headed home.
My folks have 2 Golden Retrievers, who certainly LOVE to cuddle but won't let you move around or anything, so sleep was not fun. Oh, and then there are also 5 cats. Try wakin up with two bog dogs crowding you and opening your eyes to a cat nose. Bleh.
Sunday morning, decided to go for a hike with Pop and look for...... Poop. That's right. Poop. He wanted me to see the differences in the animal poop out in the country. Moose poop, deer poop and prolly otter poop.. ok, kidding there. Actually, it was interesting. There is still a LOT of snow, so while hunting poop, were were stepping and sinking as far as possible into the snow, whilst the two wonderful dogs would pounce and then it was over. I had a blast.
Sunday afternoon, we bbq'd some Chicken that I marinated. We used to bbq a lot when the family lived back here, so it was nice to do. We all had a celebratory beer for the brothers birthday, and then packed up and headed out. Had to stop by the "bars" in town on our way out, since we made so MANY friends out there. THAT was kinda cool. I am looking forward to taking the kid out there in the spring. That should be the PERFECT time of year for me to actually ENJOY and appreciate it. And the Kid is soooo excited too. :) I think the fresh air and lack of smog about killed me tho. I've had laryngitis since last Thursday!!! LOL
I have been spending a lot of time with family lately.. well, family that I have seen here and there over the years, but now as adults, we are appreciating each other more.. That is very nice. We're going to get together this weekend.. Should be fun.
Anyhow, Happy Easter Everyone.. have a safe weekend..

Photobucket


1 comment:

Shell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.