Thursday, June 28, 2012

Today...

is the day.  Moving day ~ ish.  haha  I've been packing for 2 weeks, and shit canning a bunch of stuff.  Did the yard sale thing, which reminded me WHY I don't do yard sales... helped my friends move (quid pro quo, he's helping me tonight since I have NO ONE ELSE TO HELP ME).. got a concussion, cleaned, and still not ready to go!  HAHAHAHA
Back to the concussion.. so we got all kinds of shit moved in at their new apartment, and the last thing I was doing was separating the entertainment center more to accommodate their big ass television.  Didn't know the "top piece" wasn't attached and it came crashing down on my head.  Oh, and the force of that smashed the OTHER side of my head on the other part of the unit.  Woo... that was fun.  So I got the proverbial headache, and couldn't sleep that night.. Next day I was a useless wreck.  I shit you not, I was on the couch, and could NOT be bothered to watch NASCAR, OR drink beer.  Ya something was wrong.  Vomiting ensued, pressure in my head, couldn't sleep... So long story short, took myself to the ER Monday, AFTER I went to the bank to get 3 more cashiers checks to give to the Realtor in order to get the keys to the new house.  I give them to her, and she says "Oh, the homeowner is at the house, he has the keys and garage door opener, you need to go there now."  Great, just what I need.. pull over by the cows and vomit on my way to meet him.  Good Times!
Got my stuff, quick introductions, and "hey, this.. this and this is broken, need it fixed asap"..  and I'm off to the ER.  After x-rays and a CT scan, there was no bleed, just a bit of swelling. Dr said to "REST, the remainder of the week"  I told him I had to work, and pack and move etc... He said "Fine, wear a helmet then."  UGH.  So I took Tuesday off too.  Dano and I made quite a few trips to the new house, unloading kitchen stuff, and a TON of clothes.  Last night, I finished up the kitchen for the most part, and cleaned the stove, oven, microwave, counter tops and back splash crap.  
This brings me to, today.  Moving day.  Not even CLOSE to ready.  haha
I pulled the couch apart yesterday to vacuum it.  ERMAHGERD my dogs shed WAAAAY worse than me.  I bought a "Sticky buddy"... piece of shit. Don't waste your money.  Now I gotta but a couple of those lint rollers at the Dollar tree.. 
There are people currently at the new place shampooing carpets and stretching them. (Nice big ass lump down the middle.. ugly)  Sooooo My buddy Eric is bringing a 16' trailer so we can get all the big stuff (Washer/Dryer/Fridge/couches/beds/desks/tables yadda yadda) to the new house just to leave it in the GARAGE.  hhmmm  Then after work, tomorrow, go back to the old house to get the rest of the trivial shit, and CLEAN some more.  Oh, and paint.  Since Lilah liked ONE damn spot to lay, she dirtied ONE spot on the wall.  One of the 7 (SEVEN) colors of the interior of the house, and the ONLY touch up can of paint that was DRIED to a solid.  Valspar is OVERPRICED and charged me like $17 for a damn QUART of damn paint.  (deep breath)  So tonight I guess I'm sleeping in the garage of the new house.  Or at the old house, with NOTHING goin on, and sleeping on the floor.  Decisions Decisions. 




Update:  I forgot I got new Lavender "Bath salts" for my new tub... guess I'm staying at the new place tonight... ;) 

No comments: