Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Me Time..

Well, I got my "Me" time.. LOL. I got sick. Had to take time off work, and spent 4 days just relaxing and resting and sleeping. A LOT. 14 or so hours a night, and then napping during the day. To be honest.. It was really nice. Anyway, my brother finishes his time in 6 days. Then he's off to Idaho to live with the folks. I"m happy for him, he really needs to get out of here.. I'll be leaving around the same time to go out of state for work. Just for a couple days, but it will be really nice to get away for that short period of time.
Because I have been doing everything for everyone else lately, I seem to have been neglecting my kid. Not in the sense that I don't talk to her or ignore her. I have just assumed she was doing well at school, and doing homework as she should. Ya, Not exactly. Now, I'm having issues with her... She doesn't seem to want to do any school work. Or stop talking during class. Or stop getting out of her seat.. Go figure. I could say "she's 7, they do that", but I think it's more of a lack of my parenting skills. Or maybe teaching skills. So I need to spend more time with her, and "teach" her things. I'm not the smartest person, but I think I have some things that I can teach her to maybe help her along. All I want is for her to succeed. Somehow. And I will do whatever I have to, to help her. She is going to have it better than I did. I want her to have everything she wants, but to also APPRECIATE it all.
Ok, enough of my whining.. She is a good kid tho. I know she is normal. Well, as far as normal goes right?

"A characteristic of the normal child is he doesn't act that way very often." Author Unknown

No comments: