Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Keep moving..

Wow.  Things are starting to calm down some.  I just got back from going to the east coast for my grandfathers funeral.  I spent a LOT of time with my immediate family.  There are reasons we all don't get along together.  Too many, but I digress.  It felt like a very long trip.  We killed Bambi.  I know they do a LOT of hunting out there, but we did it with the rental car.  Hit a deer.  No idea where it came from, but it was the BIGGEST deer I have EVER seen.  
Like really knocked the crap out of it... it was all over the side of the car.  Really sucked.  Had to drive a pretty much wrecked rental car to the funeral.  
Anyway.. the funeral.  It was really nice... they had a military portion of it, and they played Taps... and shot guns etc...  it was cool.  Saw a LOT of family that I hadn't seen for about 9 years since my grandma passed away.  Been a long time.   
My computer crashed last week, and just today do I have any sort of semblance back to it.  I lost everything... All my pictures over the last year, everything.  :(  Kinda sad, but there are more important things to be upset about.  (Killed a deer!!)  So, it's a fresh start now.
The Kid has been gone on vacation and I have been out of town, so I am just beside myself with excitement... she comes back to me tonight.  
There is no one more important in the world to me right now that her.  She is my life.  My everything.

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. ~Author Unknown




No comments: