Tuesday, November 6, 2007

People in general..

Ok, so I couldn't wait til tomorrow.. Had to get it out now..
I know for most people, human nature is to help others.. Yes, I said MOST people. I am the type of person that will give you the shirt off my back. And... with no problems.. I rarely, if ever, expect anything in return. Sometimes, it would be nice if ever I needed help from someone, it would be returned, but hey.. not always the case. I don't expect it from everyone, but it would be so great for ONE person, just one, to come to my rescue.. ever. So like I said, I am always trying to help someone.. whether family or friends.. even friends of friends I may not even know very well.
Here is my dilemma. How many times does it take to help someone that keeps on shitting on you that you say enough is enough? How many times do you touch the flame before you finally figure out that it's HOT? How many times can you kick a dog before it turns on you and bites you? For me, it's obviously TOO MANY. I'm tired. I am really tired of going out of my way for what? Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
Now, that's not to say that I won't forget how hot that flame is and go back again.. Been there, Done that. But come on.. it would be so nice for someone to ask me "Hey, can I help YOU with that? (or anything for that matter).. " Don't get me wrong.. I'm not feeling sorry for myself.. or anything like that.. Because I really don't feel sorry for myself. Sometimes, it just SUCKS is all... Does this make me selfish now? I mean, it is a rare day that I am completely selfish and just do for me, but aren't we supposed to do that on occasion?? I'm just venting I guess about how some people just aren't the "giving" type. And then there are those people like me. Hopefully there are some left.

"Who are we to be better or less than another? We are all equal and should be treated as such."
Me

No comments: