Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to life..

So yesterday was the first day of school..  THIRD GRADE!!  I can't believe it.  The kid is 8 1/2 and is taller than my armpit now..  I'm a little scared. ;)  She'll be 10 yrs old and as tall as me.  THAT is just wrong. haha.   She has a male teacher this year, so I am hoping that he will be a different influence on her.  She kinda sucked pretty bad last year at not paying attention, gossiping etc..  I am hoping this one is different.  Apparently he told the class that he is 110 years old and lives in a cardboard box under the freeway.  She said she likes him and that he's funny.  Hope that works. ;)
So I was able to take the kid to the river this past weekend.  We got to hang out on the boat all day saturday and sunday.  We got to go tubing, and that was a blast.  I was afraid she'd be freaked out etc, but she just kept wanting to go faster!  She and her friend were on it, with Jenn... I guess they were on so long, Jenn decided they were done, grabbed the kids by their life jackets and they all flew off.  Hilarious.   There was a monsoon saturday night, which we expected.  THAT was great.  100 degrees, flash floods, so much lightning, and the thunder was so loud, I can't even describe it.  But just to stand in the middle of it all, and soak it in, was awesome.
Sunday was spent sliding down a sandhill with boogie boards.  Interesting.  Especially when the adults did it.  Then there were the sand wrestling matches.  I STILL have sand in my ears! LOL
All in all, it was a great time, and the kid was soo happy.  
I apparently have an issue at my house with lizards.  They don't bother me, as a matter of fact I have tried to help the kid catch them.  Well, yesterday, I was trying to hop over one as I didn't want to step on it/kill it (it was a smaller baby) and stubbed my toe pretty bad.  Actually, I think I broke it.  :(  It's turning black/blue, not like your normal 'bruise' tho.  Very swollen, and painful.  I think I can feel where the bone cracked.  Oh well, 7 more toes to break. ;)
Anyway, the lizard thing.  So I was taking a shower this morning, and what SERIOUSLY looked like the same damn lizard was on top of the shower curtain, like WATCHING ME!  Startled me for a second, but, I finished up careful not to get him to jump too fast, make me scream etc.. HAHA  Got out of the shower, dried off, grabbed the little sucker and tossed him out front with the other 34,000 other lizards I seem to be breeding out there.  I mean really, I have never seen so many lizards before!  
Anyway, that's about it.. kinda boring, but still fun..
Take care ya'll..

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

P.S.  If anyone knows WHERE to get this background, please let me know...  My harddrive crashed and I have searched almost the ENTIRE internet.. can't find it.. found a similar one, but it's just 'not it'.   Thanks.. 
Photobucket

No comments: