Monday, December 3, 2007

Busy Busy..

Well, I got the decorating done. I know, bout time.. LOL It's not COMPLETELY done, but my tree is up and decorated, and there are snowmen all over the house.. :D I'm happy.. I made a really great Christmas CD for the kid.. Stuff like "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" (Shirley Temple), "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" (Patsy & Elmo), "12 Redneck days of Christmas" (Jeff Foxworthy), "All i want for Christmas (is my two front teeth)" (Spike Jones), and others... I figured just so I don't scar the kid, threw in a couple "normal" Christmas songs.. Jingle Bells et al.
So I have two favorite Christmas songs... the first song.. (the funny one) ok, maybe not a funny song per se... but since the kid was little, we always sing Christmas songs in the car. I love doing different voices to make her laugh. So I sing Deck the Halls.. Kind of Opera like at first, and then it changes to like a british accent, and then the very last FA LA LA LA LA I sound like a complete dork. She thinks it's the funniest thing.. (Yes, people in other cars have stared at me and burst into laughter).. Ha Ha
One of the great things about having kids, is like getting a free pass to act like a fool. :D And I have had a LOT of practice.. I was being a dork at Disneyland one year and one of the park employees gave me a sticker to proudly wear that I was an "Honorary Citizen" because they like people like me.. HA! Little do they know.. :) Anyway, I digress...
So my really really favorite song is "Little Drummer Boy", but a specific version of it. Bing Crosby and David Bowie sing it together.. actually I think the title is Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth or something like that. I swear I get goosebumps ever time I hear that song.. No particular reason, that is Christmas to me.
Anyhow... it's a beautiful day today... about 40 degrees right now (kinda cold for me), no more rain (yay)... Rain sucks in California (well, everwhere I'm sure) but here, it seems everyone forgets how to drive in the rain, and there are about 428 car crashes about 10 minutes after the rain begins to fall. Hope ya'll have a good one!

"
I pray my wish will come true, For my child and your child too, He'll see the day of glory, See the day when men of good will Live in peace, live in peace again" ~Sung by David Bowie and Bing Crosby
(Recorded on September 11, 1977 for Bing Crosby's yearly Christmas special. Crosby died a month later and the show aired posthumously in December 1977.
)

No comments: