Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas memories..

I spoke to my mom the other day, and we were reminiscing about Christmas Eve's past. One memory in particular I'll never forget. After we stopped having the big Christmas dinner at the folks house, we started having either pizza or chinese food for our Christmas dinner.. :D
So this one year, the house was dark, and there was a fire going and my mom had apple cider with cinnamon sticks on the stove. (ok, so that scent was and still is one of my favorite smells at Christmas time). Now, what made it so "different" (LMAO) was that we watched Mr Magoo's Christmas, and ELEPHANT PARTS. Ok, WHO on earth watches Elephant Parts on Christmas Eve for goodness' sake!?! I believe I've mentioned that my family isn't all that conventional, but I think that takes it to the extreme. And yet, one of the BEST memories of Christmas Eve like, Ever.
(Thanks Mom, for the chat and walk down what I like to call amnesia lane... ) The more walks I take down there, the more "memories" seem to creep up... I kinda like it. :)

"We do not remember days; we remember moments. " ~Cesare Pavese

No comments: