Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why do I bother..

One would think it's good to give the benefit of the doubt.. but when that doubt is proven time and time again... it's hard to do so. When someone shits on me specifically, I think to myself, ok, maybe tomorrow, they will GET A CLUE and either a) do something about it or b) at least make some cheesy attempt at an apology or ANYTHING at all. Ok, maybe that is what I would do if I hurt someone or pissed them off. Why do I ALWAYS expect people are going to do what I would do personally?
Is that wrong? Yes, I believe so, since it NEVER ever ever ever happens. So what do I do here? I mean, I could turn into the rest of them (and not like myself any more) and walk their walk... OR, I can continue getting disappointed, and let down and shit on by staying the same person I AM. I thought I got over this last night.. Apparently not because I am just as mad now as I was then. And the more I think about it.. I can't really be mad at anyone here except myself. I ALLOW these things to happen. Do I not have the power to control whether or not I will allow people to take advantage or whatever the situation is? Sure I do.. question is.. how do I exercise it now?

Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.
Jim Rohn

No comments: