Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Raining..

First rain in a while... kinda nice.. I *think* HA HA. Today would have been a great day to play hooky and light a fire, and hang out at home with the kid and do nothing... Ah, or maybe decorate for Christmas, since I STILL haven't done it! I suck.. LOL Did some shopping one night because the kid needed more weather appropriate clothes... then visited a girlfriend another night... then went and had dinner with my grandfather... oy. I REALLY need to get off my butt and do this.. No homework this weekend, so it really is a good time to do it.
Anyway, I like the sound of the rain.. ok, sometimes. When it's really loud and I can't sleep, it sucks. Thunder is pretty cool.. altho it scares the crap out of me. Lightning, I love it. I kinda have my fears a little reversed there.. o well. I once went to Kansas somewhere, and rented a convertible. Yea, I was cool for like an hour once. Anyway, sound asleep in my hotel room and all of a sudden, I kid you not, it sounded like someone took a huge piece of sheet metal and just started shaking the shit out of it right next to my head. Out of nowhere. I flew out of bed so fast, and then had to run outside to put the top up on the car. I have NEVER seen that much rain so hard and so fast in my entire life. Well, the next morning, it was bone dry outside, and the car was dry too. Go figure.
Playing in the rain is fun. Especially when me and the kid are already wet, and then go find a bunch of puddles to jump in. It's better when it's not super cold outside, but still a LOT of fun. We had a bunch of people staring at us in the parking lot when we were chasing each other and trying to get each other more wet than we were, altho I'm not sure that was possible. An old man was just smiling. Days that like are priceless. I just wish there were more of them.

"
Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."

No comments: